STAC Accounting is a small strategy and tax firm that has been experiencing immense growth. We are a team of motivated and strategy-focused accountants that solve messy problems for our clients. We take on projects that pique our curiosity in order to keep our hearts dedicated to our work. We take pride in the work that we do and work hard to help ease our client’s minds when it comes to their tax issues and bookkeeping needs.
We are in search for a part-time Staff Accountant to assist us in managing our accounts, identifying business opportunities, collaborating to maximize business reach and potential, maintaining monthly ledgers, payroll tracking and processing client transactions. This position will grow into a full-time position by January. More specifically, this person will be:
- Weekly processing/approving of client transactions via banking feed.
- Weekly generation of client transfer reports and missing receipt reports.
- Payroll related entry and tracking to ensure accuracy and reasonableness.
- Obtaining monthly statements from each client’s banking institution.
- Reconciliation of monthly ledger to bank statements.
- Monthly generation of reports sent to clients for feedback regarding ambiguous transactions.
- Preparation of monthly ledger to be sent to each client (Profit/Loss, Balance Sheet, etc.)
- Assisting Tax Accountant with any ad-hoc requests.
- Acquire and manage new client relationships, while maintaining existing client relationships.
- Performa market research to identify new business opportunities.
- Network with executives to generate new client leads.
Our ideal candidate will have the following attributes, qualities and beliefs:
· Associates degree or equivalent coursework in bookkeeping, accounting, business or certified completion of bookkeeping education required.
· Previous bookkeeping experience preferred.
· Quickbooks Online certification preferred.
· Intermediate level or above knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles required.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Solid understanding of overall business acumen.
· Interest and ability to recognize and pursue business development opportunities both with current clients, as well as exploring new business avenues.
· Familiarity with Google Suite applications.
· Strong ethics and a high level of confidentiality and integrity.
· Ability to prioritize and multitask.
· Strong professionalism, customer service and interpersonal skills.
The Schedule and Additional Information
This position is located in SW Portland near the 26/217 interchange and will start out working 20 hours per week Monday, Tuesday and Friday’s. In preparation for tax season, the Staff Accountant position will grow into a full-time position by January 2020.
Compensation: $16-$25 per hour
Due to the nature of training required for this position, remote working cannot be supported. Masking, strong hygienic practices and 6-foot social distancing are required.
If this sounds like an awesome fit for you and your professional background and goals, please apply with your resume and cover letter. Within your cover letter, please share with us why you feel your background fits well in this position.
STAC Accounting and Gorge HR have partnered up in the recruitment efforts of this position.